Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Scheduled for Surgery

For a few months to come, my photography will be on hold. I miss it already. Hopefully I will be back to shooting before the doctor thinks. They say January, but I think I'll be better before then. I hope there are still some Seniors left who want pics. I love senior portraits!

I am scheduled for a two-level fusion on September 15th with Dr. Kozak at Texas Orthopedic Hospital. Hopefully this will get me feeling better so I can get back to life with a little less pain and a lot more ability. I am currently at my mom's house. Her and my Dad are helping me with Abigail and Madison until I have the surgery and the 4 months post op that I am not supposed to bend or twist. With a 3 month old and a 17 month old, that is a difficult order, but thankfully I have great help! So many family and friends have been so kind to help out as I have been in so much pain. Thank you so much.

I am not exactly sure which LDR device they will be using, but it will do something like this.



That picture is for only 1 level. I will have 2 fused.

Thank goodness for people to help and modern gadgets.

The IROBOT Roomba to vacuum my floors.


The IROBOT Scooba to mop



You can find great deals online with a little research if you are going to order one. They are so worth it. Since I bought mine my Mom, Grandma, friend Angelique, friend Amber, Aunt, and a few others have purchased one as well. As far as I know, everyone is satisfied with the product.

The Gopher Pick Up & Reaching Tool
This one is a must have. I think everyone with children should have one of these! I use it in the yard, in the house to get things off the floor, and in the house to get things that are too high to reach. It helps so much when it hurts so bad to bend over! I got mine at Walgreens I think.



PS -The product photos and x-ray were not taken by me. They are from variouse web pages.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I had no idea that you were getting ready for a surgery. I've been a little out of the loop. I hope all goes well. Let me know if I can help with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by the way...the new family photo on the grass is so stink'n cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian works at Texas Ortho. He said Dr Kozak is a great doctor:) We will be praying for you and a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete