Friday, November 22, 2013

Thanksgiving cards for church staff or Advent activity of appreciation



       We passed out Thanksgiving cards to the staff at out new church.  We have done it so many holidays for so many years, that it just seems normal.  However at the new church, they were surprised.  They were very kind and grateful.  One pastor wrote about it in his blog and another took time to write an email to me later thanking us for stopping by.  Although I was a little embarrassed at all the attention, I was excited to know that it really does matter to people when you take time to thank them for what they do.  Plus my kids were thrilled to be "on the internet" in the blog. (I was on TV during an interview at the fire station as we made ribbons for the fallen firefighters in Houston earlier this year.  Now we are even to my five-year-old, because she's on the internet and I was on tv. She makes me laugh.)
     It may be a little late to get Thanksgiving cards out this year, but it is not too late for Christmas or New Years cards.  This would be a great project for one day in December as part of an advent activity schedule or just an activity to help prepare your hearts to look outward instead of inward during Christmas.  A simple card of appreciation can mean so much to someone, especially in the hustle and stress of the holiday season.  Have fun.







No comments:

Post a Comment